We’re looking to build out our front of house and operational team for Kora Bakery. These are the people who you see up front every morning, taking and fulfilling your orders, and doing the very difficult job of translating the work that goes into making our goods into information for our clients. They also help communicate with the kitchen so that we can continuously improve service, something that we take very seriously at Kora. They are knowledgeable, informed, organised and have a good attitude. They step up to challenges and diffuse difficult situations.
This part of our bakery team is integral to the running of our business and we’re looking for members on several levels who will stay and grow with us. As a business our intention is to offer space for members to grow and develop – we may have just opened, but we have big plans ahead and we need the right people to help us get to the future.
The right candidate would
– genuinely have a love for people and communicating with them (and be able to sympathise with someone who has come across town for a pastry to find that none are left, we’ve all been there)
– possess a methodical mind that makes it easy for them to organise and manage orders, tasks, and other team members
– not be afraid of taking initiative and be aware of what it means to be accountable for their work and actions
– to see themselves developing in the hospitality and/or food production industry
– to be digitally savvy and aware of how to use social media
– have a profound love for gastronomy and food
– be able to implement changes seamlessly – we are a growing business and you’ve got to roll with the punches, if not embrace them
– be a problem solver who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves
– be a self-starter
If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.
Please send a covering letter detailing what makes you right for the position along with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Front house team in the subject.
Applications without a dedicated covering letter will not be considered.